Monday, June 29, 2015

Piyo - Month 1

I have completed month 1 of Piyo!!! Tricep push-ups are a BIG DEAL in Piyo, and while they are not amazing or perfect, they are definitely getting there!!! The two moves below are from one of the workouts that was in week 4 - different and fun! I'm definitely more flexible because of this program, and my core strength is so much better!!!!

The two additional workouts included in month 4 that I haven't discussed are "Strength Intervals" and "Drench."

STRENGTH INTERVALS; Only 20 minutes but the perfect mix of cardio and strength work will DEFINITELY get you S-W-E-A-T-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRENCH: This one is 50 minutes. This one makes me very much aware of how thankful for my 30 minute workouts! The kids asked 325,439 during this workout "if I was done yet," and I was watching the clock like a hawk. The workout itself was great - challenging the whole time, for sure, but since I've gotten used to 30 minutes, 50 minutes seemed like an eternity! It's okay though - it's only on the schedule a few times.



So overall, I'm definitely happy with my decision to begin this program. I'm excited to begin month 2!!!! I've only lost 1 pound and 2 inches during the first month of Piyo, BUT, my eating has not been wildly impressive..... I'm kicking my planning and effort up a notch, so we'll see what's in store for month two ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment