Saturday, July 9, 2016

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Tacos have always been one of our favorite meals. I've started to use chicken most often though because I really like how it cooks in the crockpot.  Set it, forget it, then shred it when we're ready! Piece of cake ;) The recipe is so simple, too, that Aubrey basically made it this time. 

 She dumped in all of the ingredients (except for the chicken -- I did that part), then she turned it on "low," set the timer and we were done!


Ingredients:
3-4 good sized skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 tsp homemade taco seasoning
(I have a container ready to go of this. I'll list the details below)
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic
1 sliced red pepper
1 sliced onion
1 cup salsa

That's it! Set on low for 6 hours, shred, stir, and you're all set for some juicy, flavorful tacos!

The girls have recently decided that "they don't like tacos," even though they've never had an issue with tacos before. Perfect. 

So - I thought serving them as create-your-own nachos would be fun... and hopefully they'd eat them. I put 1 serving of corn tortilla chips on each of their plates and set out all of the fixings on the table. They were PUMPED to load it all on their plates. This is the first time I've done this, and of course they thought it was amazing and ate everything. Let's see how it goes when I try next time ;) 
We had chicken, lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, (homemade) guacamole, & cheese.
Delicious!


Homemade Taco Seasoning
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder.
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder.
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano.
1/2 tsp. Paprika.
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin.
1 tsp. Sea Salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment